It’s important to detox your body by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymphatic system, and skin. For most people, detoxing once a year is a great way to stay on track but it doesn’t hurt to do this even more often.
Following a detox program can cleanse your body by stimulating the liver to drive toxins from the body, improving the circulation of the blood, promoting elimination through the kidneys and intestines, and refueling the body with healthy nutrients.
Here we share 5 ways to easily detoxify the body.
1. WATER is your best friend! Drink a full 8oz glass of water right when you wake up, and especially before you take a shower. This helps lower blood pressure and help with digestion. Drink at least eight 8oz cups of water a day. It’s helpful to get a refillable glass bottle that you can easily refill throughout the day with purified water.
2. Ligthen up your toxin load. Try your best to eliminate coffee, alcohol, smoking, saturated fats, and refined sugars. These are all toxins in the body that will keep you from your healing process. It’s also important to minimize the use of chemical-based household cleaners and even personal healthcare products. Did you know that popular deodorants and toothpastes have toxins that are not good for your body? Try natural alternatives like Tom’s of Maine deodorant and toothpaste.
3. Get Active – While you are detoxing, be sure to keep your body active by getting involved in a local yoga, pilates class, or other physical activity. Base your activeness on what you were doing prior to the detox, and tone it down a little since you will have a slight calorie deficit. Sweating will help you detox more by boosting circulation throughout the body. Even more helpful, exercise is known to help you feel happier, more energized, and less stressed!
4. Exfoliate – Skin brushing and oil massages will help exfoliate the toxins from your skin and refresh circulation. You can do this by getting a soft dry-brush and using before your bath or shower. The gentle exfoliation boosts circulation and also promotes new cell growth. Try adding Epsom salt to your bath which will help cleanse inside and out and get things gently moving in the colon.
5. Take a natural organic supplement like products by Premier Research Labs, which can help take your detox up a level. We proudly carry these products at Inner Harmony Wellness Center and on our website. They deliver uncompromising quality and effectiveness, providing100% non-toxic products designed to deliver the best. There are a wide range of supplements offered just for detoxing purposes, along with antioxidant support, bone and joint support, digestive support and more. Feel free to email us at inner firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have. We are here to help. Namaste.