Dr. Peter Amato Offers Holistic Solutions for Chronic Inflammation
I’ve created a 5 Step Program to Optimal Health that I have been using with clients over the last 20 years. This program leads to sustainable health improvements including eliminating insomnia, Lyme, IBS, allergies, chronic fatigue, arthritic pain, migraines, and brain fog.
The foundation of my program begins with a strong immune system. Boosting our immune system is essential in creating optimum health because as I have mention in my previous blog, 1 in 5 people have an auto-immune diagnosis. This has become a health crisis. We have to question what is happening in the evolution of our diet and environment that is creating a weakened immune system? Please read on!
I am currently seeing clients at my facility, Inner Harmony Wellness Center in Waverly, Pennsylvania. Most clients are struggling with some form of chronic pain and inflammation. When clients come to see me they usually have been struggling and suffering with these chronic symptoms for years without any relief by traditional means. The good news is that there is a non-invasive, holistic solution!
Toxicity Causes Inflammation
Chronic inflammation usually leads to an Auto-Immune response. When our bodies absorb toxins our immune systems responds in order to protect us from these harmful invaders. We absorb toxic chemicals each day and you may be surprised as to where these toxic chemicals are hiding in our everyday products and environment.
What are toxins?
- Toxins are harmful added chemicals and heavy metals that are harmful to our health.
Where do we find toxins?
- Food & Water Supply: Most of the American food supply is treated with pesticides specifically Glyphosate, also known as RoundUp and our water supply is full of heavy metals like fluoride and arsenic.
- Beauty Products: Parabens and formaldeyde are used in most skin care products and aluminum is hiding in most deodorants.
Exposure and consumption of toxins is almost unavoidable unless we are diligent in avoiding certain products and incorporating cleaner food and water into our lives. Removing toxins from the body is known as detoxing. Holistic detoxing is one of my specialties and plays a critical role in my 5 Steps to Optimal Health. Removing toxins will reset our vital organs and reduce inflammation in our bodies. Acute inflammation is a healthy immune response, it is when inflammation becomes chronic that our immune system weakens, and our health deteriorates.
Top 7 Ways to Reduce Inflammation (while boosting your immune system)
- Quality of Sleep– 7 hours of restful sleep each night is important to recovery and healing. Insomnia is prevalent is in almost everyone suffering with Auto-Immune illness.
- Movement- In order to reduce inflammation our bodies must be in motion. Movement stimulates our digestion and our vital organs and helps reduce chronic fatigue. Stretch or walk daily.
- Socializing- Socializing with our loved ones, community groups and neighbors is important to boost our mental health, it helps reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness.
- Staying Hydrated- Drinking plenty of fresh water throughout the day will reduce inflammation, increase energy levels, improve digestion and sleep quality.
- Keeping your Brain Active- Reading, writing, playing cards, crosswords or puzzles increase neurological functions and leads to increase immune functions, reduces fatigue and improves sleep.
- Mindfulness- Creating a regular mindfulness practice such as yoga, meditation or breathing exercises will improve our stress response and reduce our anxiety creating relaxation in our mind and body.
Nutrition- Certain healthy food choices can help reduce inflammation in our bodies. Having a proper balance of whole, fresh foods that are nutrient dense is vital to immune support. Our food supply may not be enough and supplemental nutrition, like nutraceuticals may meet the demand for increased Vitamins and Minerals. In my practice I use only pharmaceutical grade supplements and I am available to discuss your nutraceutical needs with you anytime. You can schedule a free consultation here>>
Detoxing is the Key Solution to Tackle Auto-Immune
Our kidneys, liver, gallbladder and lymphatic system are the organs we rely on to detox our bodies naturally. However, these organs are not getting the proper support to detox the overload of toxic chemicals we encounter regularly every day. Additionally, our food supply is full of chemicals which prevents us from absorbing the much needed nutrients that our bodies require to keep our immune system strong.
I specialize in holistic detoxing and it is as critical today as nutrition and water consumption for a healthy and pain free life. Nutrition is what you put in your body, detox is what you take out.
If you or someone you know would benefit from a holistic detox or wants to have a conversation with me about chronic inflammation, auto-immune disease, toxicity or additional ways that I may help you live a healthier life please call me during my Ask The Doctor hours. I look forward to hearing from you!