According to clinical studies, 90 percent of prescription drugs only work for 30-50 percent of all people. The reason is that they are designed in isolation and do not consider the entire makeup of our unique physiology. We know that a diagnosis followed by drugs and surgery, neither of which is designed to treat the root cause of the chronic conditions we see in today’s world. Our current healthcare system has a pill for everything and believes that one size fits all.
We understand optimum health is a unique balance of the intricate interaction between a person’s genetics and their environment. The Mind-Body Medicine, Integrative, and Functional Medicine industries today continue to highlight critical research to further develop our understanding of the root cause of one’s problems while also addressing the symptoms. We are able to move beyond the antiquated toxic fallacy of the pharmaceutical approach which was only designed to treat symptoms with a one size fits all method.
There are times when pharmaceuticals are necessary but knowing your natural alternative options will only strengthen your health and arm you with a strong defense to illness.
The Root Cause
To eliminate the root cause of health issues we must create a healing response by restoring balance to the whole system. As a Doctor of Natural Medicine, my holistic approach includes testing how your network of organs, glands and systems interact with your biology. It is their interactions with one another that create the dynamic process of harmony at the cellular level. This is Mind-Body Medicine and it is my specialty.
For example, one person’s depression may be caused by a leaky gut from gluten which affects their thyroid and this low thyroid function causes depression. For someone else their depression may be a lack of B vitamins caused by their acid reflux medication. For another person their depression may be caused from heavy metal toxicity and lack of Vitamin D. These are all different symptoms that may have changed brain chemistry, acid/alkalinity balance, and hormones that lead to a systems imbalance that then causes depression.
Once our network of systems are well-balanced, we then consider sustainability and longevity. This is true especially during the current pandemic, we need to keep our systems balanced now more than ever. The nutraceuticals we find to be in high demand during these times are antiviral herbs. Not only do antiviral herbs fight viral infections and boost the immune system, they also have a number of other health benefits, such as cardiovascular, digestive, mood support and anti-inflammatory support.
Antiviral herbs do not kill viruses, what they do is prevent the virus from attaching to your cell wall. The job of these herbs is to give your immune system the very best chance to do its job of fighting and protecting you from infection. As a Doctor of Natural Medicine, I test each client for the most effective herbal combination to support their individual immune system.
Here are a few of the most potent antiviral herbs.
- Andrographis- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, supports respiratory function.
- Artemisinin- A bioactive alkaloid found in Artemis and helps support our immune system.
- Astragalus- An ancient Chinese medicine used to support the immune system; as a tonic for the liver, kidneys, spleen and lungs; and to stimulate overall vitality.
- Cistus- From a Mediterranean shrub that offers immune support and antioxidant properties.
- Cilantro- A powerful antioxidant with diuretic properties. Aids digestion, enhancing the body’s natural ability to produce beneficial enzymes and acids, calming the stomach and can help boost the body’s immune.
- Licorice-A known antioxidant and immune boosting effects.
- Propolis- Propolis possesses antioxidant and immune system supporting properties.
- Rosemary- Effective for a variety of issues including respiratory disorders.
- Stevia- Although primarily marketed as a dietary alternative to sugar because of its intense sweetness also acts as an antioxidant and has immune supporting effects.
Some herbs offer detoxifying effects towards heavy metals and toxic pesticides. Due to this detoxing effect, there are important supportive minerals, vitamins and binders that are suggested. When I assess clients who seek to bolster their antiviral regime, I test at the cellular level to determine the most effective protocol to support their health.
Immune boosting, plant medicine and holistic detoxing is my specialty. If you want to learn more about boosting your immune system and adding natural antiviral remedies to your health and wellness routine, please feel free to schedule a free call with me to discuss your options.
Click Here to book online or call us today at (570) 319-6073 to schedule your free 30 minute phone consultation.